Saturday, March 27, 2010

Rotini Alfredo

I had a lot of skim milk left that was about to become spoiled so I desperately started looking for recipes that used skim milk... and voila! I found Alfredo recipes!


My camera's batteries refuse to stay charged so this is from my phone's camera.... I need a better camera. :/














You do need a little bit of fat to make Alfredo taste good, but I tried to make this recipe as healthy as possible:

2 1/2 cups skim milk
1 Tbs. butter
3 Tbs. flour
3 cloves garlic minced
2 cups Parmesan cheese
salt, black pepper, and pepper to taste

Directions:
Sauté garlic with butter on medium low heat.
Add milk and stir.
Add flour to thicken. Adjust milk and flour measurements to desired consistency.
Add cheese, salt, black pepper and pepper. You don't really need a lot of salt.
Cook until it bubbles a little bit, constantly stirring.

Notes: Cook Rotini based on the directions of the pasta box.
Flour definitely alters the texture of the sauce a little bit. If you don't like it then you can reduce the amount of flour used and add cream cheese instead. You can even keep the same amount of flour and add cream cheese in addition to that. The sauce will thicken pretty quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment