Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cauliflower Curry

It has been ages since I've posted and unfortunately I didn't take pictures of all the stuff I have made since I stopped posting... but here are the recipes for stuff that I have pictures for!!!
Cauliflower Curry (Flower Nu Shak)





Ingredients:


2 c. cauliflower cut into florets
1 c. frozen peas
2 tsp. cumin and coriander seed powder (dhana jeeru)
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. cumin seeds
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
~ 1 tbls.oil
salt and chili pepper to taste

Directions:
Place oil in pan on medium-low heat, add cumin seeds.
After about 1 min, add flower and peas.
Then add the rest of the spices.
Mix and cover the pan until cauliflower is cooked.


Note: I'm pretty sure this is how the recipe goes... I'm kind of guessing off the top of my head right now from what I remember when I made this about five months ago.  And no, I didn't write the recipe down... I wasn't exactly following a recipe when I made this.  I will make this again in the future and update this accordingly!  (Don't be worried about using this recipe though, the only things I would probably change are maybe adding mustard seeds and maybe using less dhana jeeru... two things that will not significantly alter the taste into something inedible).

No comments:

Post a Comment